
The other day me and my class were faced with a new assignment. This task was to pick a celebrity and do a monologue about there life. The catch was that you could only use a celebrity who have either had or have a tragic life. After long nights of thought I decided to pick Easy E. Eric Lynn Wright AKA Easy E was an American rapper from Compton California, he was a founder and member of a group called N.W.A but later on became a solo artist. Easy E spoke about urban street life in his lyrics. Even though Easy E was a successful rapper he did deal with many tragic issues that I feel I can relate to because even though I didn't live his life I know people who sold drugs, I know people who dropped out of school, and I'm also a rapper so therefore becoming Easy E will be a challenge but it won't be hard. After completing this task I plan to learn more about the Hip-Hop history. I feel this is very important because this is what I plan on doing as a life time career. I also hope that my monologue will help educate others on why rappers talk about certain topics in there raps. If at least one person takes something away from my monologue that will help them understand the Hip-Hop culture then I'll feel like my work has been accomplished. So until then I will be watching interviews listening to his music and also slowly dressing like him until I fully become Easy E.
No comments:
Post a Comment