Monday, November 8, 2010

Art In The City

Graffiti Art 

Street Poetry

A couple days ago I was downtown on a school project. So I decided to bring my camera to capture these unforgettable moments. As I was taking photos and enjoying my time downtown I began to realize that our city is filled with talent and art. I was amazed and I began to see the streets with a different point of view. As I was walking down the streets of Toronto I came across two talented men who grabbed my attention, I didn't get there names but I did get a chance to get a picture of them at work. The first picture above is the graffiti artist I came across, I was on the other side of the street and I barely noticed him. His art was very detailed and I and as I watched him I began to think how much time he might of put into it. This was my first ever time seeing a graffiti artist at work and I'm very thankful I got the chance to see it. The picture below was the highlight of my trip. Even though I didn't personally know this young artist I felt his passion and I began to see a story. As he read his poetry he had a hat that was half filled with change from people who wanted to help and as I watched him I tried to think of why he was where he is and why isn't he where he wants to be. His choice of words he used in his poetry stook out to me and grabbed everyone's attention. I began to feel his pain and As I dropped change in his hat I felt like I knew his story his poetry made me feel like I was living it with him.







No comments:

Post a Comment